Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Going vegan again and finding my true self





It’s me again. I know it’s been a while. So much has happened since the last time I posted. I lost my mom in a tragic car accident in 2017 a few days after my thirtieth Birthday. If you’ve been following you know that my dad passed away suddenly two years before that almost to the day. In June of 2018 we lost our sweet pup Roman and within ten months later our Fiona crossed the rainbow bridge also. To say I was down and out was an understatement. I had been slowly allowing myself to self destruct by not living 100% vegan. 







Some people drink, do drugs or other forms of self harm when they are in a dark state. For me it was not following my heart and living a vegan life. I know that my parents wouldn’t have wanted that for me (actually they would have been pissed). I have to say I was truly disgusted with myself. I was at war with my conscience and I knew that I needed to get my shit together so I could get back on the path that makes my heart feel true and authentic. I was so unhappy with myself. I was mentally exhausted. 

Finally I had to take a long look at myself and realize I was the only one who could change the unhealthy pattern I was in.
Now I feel like a weight has been lifted from my soul now that I’m back to living a life of mindfulness and compassion. So here’s to living the rest of my life this way because I never want to feel this way in my head and heart ever again. I look forward to sharing my journey with you and some delicious recipes that show you how easy it is to go vegan yourself. 


XO,
Kathleen 

No comments:

Post a Comment