Saturday, May 7, 2016

Vegan Cinnamon Sugar Bread


With tomorrow being Mothers Day I wanted to make something to bring to my moms for brunch tomorrow. I ended up making this delicious cinnamon and sugar bread. It was fairly simple to make. I love how my whole house smelled like cinnamon while it baked in the oven. My mouth was seriously watering. Cinnamon is one of my favorite flavors and the swirls of cinnamon sugar are just perfect in this bread. It's perfect with a cup of tea or coffee. I hope you give it a try. 



Vegan Cinnamon Sugar Bread 

Ingredients: 

2 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour 

1 tsp baking soda 

1 tsp baking powder 

1 tbs cinnamon

1/2 cup room temperature organic vegan 
butter (I always use Earth Balance)

1/2 cup organic brown sugar

1/2 cup organic sugar 

1 tsp organic vanilla extract 

1 flax egg (combine 1 tbs ground flax meal with 3 tbs water, let set for 5 minutes)

1 cup vegan buttermilk (mix 1 tbs lemon juice with 1 cup non dairy milk, I used plain almond milk, and let sit for 10 minutes)

Cinnamon Sugar:

1/2 cup organic sugar

1 tbs cinnamon 

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 350*F 

Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan

In a large cup whisk together 1tbs lemon juice with 1 cup plain almond milk. Set aside 10 minutes.

In a small bowl combine 1 tbs ground flax meal with 3 tbs water and let set for 5 minutes.

In a small bowl combine your flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.set aside. 


In a large bowl cream together your butter, sugars and vanilla using an electric mixer. Mix until light and fluffy. Next add in your vegan buttermilk and flax egg. Once well combined add in the flour and fold in with a spatula. Do not over mix. Batter will be lumpy. 




Make your cinnamon and sugar topping

Spread half of the batter into your prepared pan. 


Top with half of your cinnamon and sugar mixture. 


Swirl into the batter then spread out the top. 


Top with remaining batter. Swirl in the rest of the cinnamon and sugar. Even out the top. 


Bake 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. 


I hope you enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment