Sunday, May 1, 2016

Vegan Double Chocolate Blueberry Muffins


I love to bake anytime, but I especially like baking on a Sunday, while the rain falls outside my kitchen window. There is something extremely calming about moments like this. I try to bake something every Subday for us to have during the week and I really like muffins because I can pack them in my husbands lunch during the week as well. Nothing can be more boring though than having the same thing every day/week so I try to make a new recipe each time. Of course there are days where I use an old recipe we love and there is nothing wrong with that. Lately I've been feeling inspired about everything so I've enjoyed creating new recipes. Today's recipe was created because that's what you guys wanted to see. It was fun letting everyone vote for which muffin recipe they wanted me to create. I will definitely be doing that again. The combination of chocolate and blueberries was most popular. So as promised here is my recipe for Double Chocolate Blueberry Muffins...


Double Chocolate Blueberry Muffins

~Makes 12 regular sized muffins~

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1/2 cup organic cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
Pinch of kosher salt
1/3 cup softened vegan butter
(I used Earth Balance)
3/4 cup organic sugar
2 flax eggs
3/4 cup plain almond milk
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1 cup non dairy chocolate chips
(I used semi sweet, but dark chocolate would be delicious too)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375*F

Line a muffin pan with liners or grease and flour well

In a small bowl make your flax eggs by mixing 2 tbs ground flax meal with 6 tbs water, set aside. Must sit at least 5 minutes before use.

In a medium bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.


In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the flax egg and almond milk.


Once well combined add in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.


Fold in  the blueberries and chocolate chips.


Spoon into your prepared muffin pan (I always use an ice cream scoop for this part).




Bake 18-20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool 15 minutes.


I hope you enjoy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment